Community Learning Incubator Programme for Sustainability Forums Support CLIPS Guide translation – Q&A
Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  eva.stuetzel@siebenlinden.org 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Author

Nara

Participant

Questions and answers about translation of CLIPS Guide.

One Question for “structure, governance, p.39

“The delegation of power needs regulation, so that it can be withdrawn from those who abuse their power or show lack of competences to apply it for the best of the group. In any case, everyone involved needs to be considered, transparency is necessary, power and efficiency have to be distributed.”

How do you distribute efficiency? That doesn’t make sense to me. I ommited efficiency in my translation.

As someone, who wrote most of the property-chapter, I’m not pleased with one paragraph (p. 43 in the framedoc in the drive), the italic would be my proposal:

If, on the other hand, the owner has (fewer) only equal rights but more responsibility and obligations, this causes an imbalance as well. Even if over the owner’s lifetime none of the expected problems arise, the group can have huge problems upon the owner’s death because of property issues.

I would omit the sentence: (The group might be forced to pay a lot in taxes to be able to own the house.) This sentence is one possible consequence, there can be many other consequences, but is not the only consequence, so it doesn’t make much sense at this point. Either we just drop it, or we explain it more in detail. I would just drop this sentence. I dropped it in my German translation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.